College tuition costs have skyrocketed over the last few decades! Although not always attainable, establishing a college savings plan early on can put time on your side. Saving for a child’s college education can be imperative to the child’s future financial wellness and reduce the financial burden of student-loan debt. Many strategies and investment vehicles such as 529 College savings plans, Coverdell Education Saving accounts (ESA), Uniform Gifts to Minors Act (UGMA), and Uniform Transfer to Minors Act (UTMA) are available to help you maximize savings for higher education expenses. Considering a client’s financial status, income tax bracket, risk tolerance and overall savings goals, we can recommend a suitable strategy and/or investment vehicle to help pave the way for a child’s future success through a valuable education.
Common questions individuals ask regarding education funding:
- How much is enough?
- How can I estimate future college costs?
- How much can I realistically save between now and when the child is ready for college?
- When should I start saving?
- How should I save and invest the money?
- How much of my child’s education should I aim to pay?
- Are there tax-advantages to saving for college?
- What is a 529 College savings plan?
- How do I prioritize my child’s college education without jeopardizing my own retirement goals and financial priorities?
More information about the services we provide can be found by clicking on links below.